fredag 14. mars 2014

Happy White Day!

I would like to take a second to tell all females out there Happy White Day!

For those who don't know what white day is, it's valentines day for females on 14th march. Normal valentines day here in Korea females give present to guys, mostly homemade chocolate or chocolate bought from convinience store. One month after, it's the guys turn to give back to the female, which is today. One month after white day, is black day. Where single meet up to eat black noodles together, feeling sorry for being lonely at valentines and white day.

My boyfriend gave me present on guys valentines one month ago, chocolate flowers. So this time he didn't give me any chocolates, but I bought for him instead. We do it the other way around, we are special. 

But even if he did not give me chocolate this month too, which I think is okay. He took me out for dinner. His dad sent us some money to enjoy white day together. So we chose to eat out favorite food together, Gamjatang. 

Gamjatang is seriously super awesome. And whoever wanna visit korea in the future must try this dish.  Its spicy soup with pork ribs, potatoes, vegetables and other yummy stuff in it. Pretty much all things I love in one dish.

 Just looking at this picture of the rib make me wanna go one more time to eat! So tender and nice.


And the perfect combination for Gamjatang is the korean alcohol Maehwasu. Maehwasu is plum flavor. Its not so different to soju, but much sweeter and not so strong taste. It's a better drink to first try before soju when arriving in Korea. And moreover, when eating spicy korean food it's perfect combination. My nose goes crazy with eating Gamjatang, but with Maehwasu I can enjoy my favorite food even more.

All in all, my white day has been pretty good. I've enjoyed my free time, dinner time, together with my boyfriend. Eating good food, drinking good drink, talking, having fun together. What more could I ask for? I would rather have a peaceful meal than getting chocolate.

Do you have any similar day in your country?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar