lørdag 26. januar 2013

Bling your stuff!~~


I guess most people reading my blog dont know my obsession with sparkeling things, I really love bling! And I've blinged my last 3 cellphones. I have had my Samsung Galaxy S2 for maybe 4 months now. But I have not tried to bling yet,but after this long time without blinging I knew I had to do something about it. So if you are like me, love shining sparkeling things and want to make your cellphone, mp3 player or whatever to look more blinged and fancy, I'm now about to tell you where and how you can do it here in Seoul..


First of, of course you need to buy some bling!


I went to one of my favorite places in Seoul. Dongdaemun! This time I did not go to the shopping malls like I mostly do. But behind the big shopping malls there is a market called Dongdaemun Market, where creative people goes shopping. This place sell mostly fabrics,buttons,lace, zippers or whatever you need for creating your own clothes or whatever you wanna make. But this place is really hugh! It has endless of stores and so easy to get lost. But if having alot of free time, walking around just looking at stuff here is actually quite funny. 



 I found two stores who sold alot of Swarovski crystals in all different colors, sizes and shapes. I guess there is other stores here also that sell crystals and other things for decorating, but among 1000 fabric stores these two are the onces I could find. For my Swarovski crystals I spent maybe around 40,000 won which is cheap for Swarovski, I love wholesale places like these! And the seller at one of the stores, not the one is this picture but the other store I found even game me discount, and was really kind.





This is what I ended up buying. Clear color crystals, and some with ABshine (Shines different colors according to light, if you know what I mean.Makes it sparkle!) All are round shape, but also bought some hearts also to make it more cute. I like cute stuff. 

Now.


What do I do when I have bought the crystals?

First of....Do you wanna bling straight onto your phone? then it will be stuck forever, or very hard to remove. Or do like me, buy a cheap cover for your phone and bling it. I bought a white cover from Gmarket.com for only 2000 won. And you do need glue, I used some superglue I found at Lotte Mart. It worked quite well. I actually by accident almost glued my fingers stuck onto my cover, oucccch. So be careful when using strong glue people! Could be stuck with you cover on your fingers for the rest of your life. 



 If you use fast drying glue like me, I would reccomend to sort out your crystals first to make it faster to pick up before the glue dry. And don't apply glue at a to big area at the time. Blinging takes along time, but worth it when you are finished!


I would also reccomend to start with your big bling first if you have any, then you get a better idea of how your design will end up looking like. After you have glued your main big crystals on,or whatever you wanna use on your phone, don't need to be crystals, be creative if you want a more fun design!I have in the past used both cute crowns, plastic roses,cross from necklace,blinged chain, Hallo Kitty head and many other things. Just google decoden for inspiration if needed.
After adding those, you can start with your smaller crystals, and work your way around the whole phone slowly to its finished. And I also use very very small crystals to fill in any gaps between bigger onces so the cover is not showing too much underneath.



The end result of my blinging





A shiny new cover for my phone after 4 hours of work! 

What do you guys think, would you ever bling your phone also?

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hi Marita,

    I remember you mentioning that you chose the Galaxy S2 over the S3 to get on contract, and would like to know if you remember/could find out how much the Galaxy S3 costs on the cheapest monthly/yearly contract. Much appreciated.

    SvarSlett
  2. Bling et deksel til meg og! Du er awesome!♡

    SvarSlett