onsdag 15. august 2012

A long update


Hello again.
Time for a long update guys! Sorry I've been not writing much these days, I've actually been busy everyday since I came here. So havnt had any time writing before now. And sorry that this entry will have no pictures, I have forgotten to take a camera with me in my purse whenever Im outside hee heee.

So without any pictures I really hope this will not be too boring to read. Myself, I don't like reading blogs without pictures, they easilly bores me. So this will be the first and last time without any pictures, I promise!

So this will be more like an diary entry I guess? I cant really remember day by day, because Im a really forgetful person. But I can tall you what I've done, but what day I did it will be messed up.
So instead of writing days, I will write happenings, ok??




Happening 1: Oh, I actually remember what happend at my first day,because first days are easy to remember, thats why. I got picked up at the airport by Ingrid, who is my best female friend here, and also from Norway. She lives in Suwon,not too far from Seoul. I think she had to wait some time for me at the airport for me to arrive (Sorry Ingrid!!), because I had to go through immigration line. It was so many people in the immigration line, omg. But after maybe 1 hour I got to meet Ingrid after getting my luggage. The weather when I stepped outside the airport was so horrible! I know my friends living in Korea said that Korea is awefully humid and hot these days, but wasnt prepared for it to be so hot and humid! Right then I thought it would be best to go back to Norway, I will not complain about cold norwegian summer again. Here im swetting 90% of the time. The other 10% Im in a room with aircondition.  Rest of the day I spent with Ingrid. Going to an department store to try to find beddings etc for my bed. But didnt find it. So slept my first days without pillow or blanket. But because Im a Viking I survived.

Happening 2: I actually remember day 2 also! Because it was such an special day, which I've been looking a forward to for a long time. I meet up with my favorite person in Seoul (or whole Korea), Seul Gi. Someone I think I would die without in Korea. We went together to an coffeeshop where we drank some iced coffee together and read fashion magazines. Most coffeeshops have many different magazines to read for free. So when we meet up in coffeeshops we always read magazines together. Even if he is a boy, we always joke saying his personality is like a female. Reading female magazines together etc. After spending some hour at the coffeeshop we went for a walk along the river. Its very peaceful and quiet at night time. Only a few people stroll there at night, so its an great place to just walk, relax and enjoy each others company. And moreover sitting by the river also gives some fresh breeze, so its a great place to be in the humid summer. I think we sat there to almost morning. Just talking for a long time. Havnt seen each other for one year, so we had alot of catching up to do. But my most favorite part of the night were ofcourse when he was singing for me, every girls dream right??

Happening 3: Ok, this is where Im starting to get my days mixed up. So from now the days will be just in random order. Anyway, I meet up with Seul Gi again one of the first days. Because I was bored, so he wanted to show me his University which is not too far from my place. So I took taxi to meet him at the subway station closest to his school. I paid only 2000 won, same as 10 NOK. Cost less than taking bus in Norway. So we first went to a Bar right beside his University. This bar was very relaxing, almost felt like a book cafe. Very small and cosy. So we sat there to it closed, which was quite early. So we went straight to his campus after. He showed me around the campus of the school. After walking alot we sat down in the park infront of the buildning for his major. We sat at this cute swing-bench talking for some hours. It was in the middle of the night, so it was very quiet and relaxing. It was only us in the park except from two older men sleeping on the benches not far from us. After speaking for a long time we went inside the buildning where his classroom is. Even if its in the middle of the night students can still go there for studying, its always open. So we found a room where we played boardgames,and when we finished the sun was allready up. So it was time for going home.

Happning 4: Seul Gi took me to a restaurant to eat. And of course I can't say no to foods when he offers to pay. The restaurant was really nice. And for the price of our food we could get as much wine we wanted. So I've tried out two different onces, one red whine, and one white. Both were really good.

Happening 5: Trying to get my Alien Reg.Card. (Cant buy cellphone,make bank account etc without it. Its like a proof that I live in Korea and not a tourist). But it wasn't easy. Ended up going to two different immigration offices, and when I got to the second one I found out that I had to get some papers from school. So I also had to go to my university trying to get those papers I needed to apply for my Alien.Reg.Card. After that I was so tierd of walking in the heat that I decided to go back to the immigration office another day. So I did it yesterday, so now I only need two weeks to recive my Card and I can finally get my phone and bank account.

Happening 6: Student orientation meeting at Hanyang University (My university). The meeting was devided into three groups. One for chinese speakers, one for japanese speakers and one for english speakers. The meeting was for all new students at school in every major. With information about how to registrate classes, about student clubs etc etc. And let me just tell you all.......Im the only white person who is starting school this semester! But its lots of chinese students and japanese.
So after finishing my meeting I hurried home, and I got invited to go out eating with Seul Gi and his male friend from school (his best friend). He wanted to meet me (everybody is very excited meeting a foreigner) so he wanted to pay dinner for us. So that was a really fun and interesting day.

Happening 7: Had to force Seul Gi to help me registraiting my courses (which he gladly did). For choosing and registrating courses I have to use a online webpage where everything is written fully in korean. So without any help I could not understand anything at all. And to graduate I must choose courses that give me minimun 15 to maximum 20 credits each semester. So I choose courses for 19 credits. I ended up registrating for basic quantative methods,introduction for economics, international relations, society and philosophy and business admistration. So I think it will be a hard but interesting semester.

Happening 8: Same day as I registrated my courses Seul Gi took me to one of those places which he does volunteer work. He asked the boss if I could join, she was happy and said it would be an great experience for them to have me there. The volunteer work was about teaching english to children whom are from troubled homes. So they can go there to study different subjects, like english. It was an great experience for me also. I really enjoyed being with the children and help them. They are so fun and cute. And very interested in asking me so many question, and looking at my eyes because they are blue. And asking me things like "are you his girlfriend?", "he is not good match for you, because he is ugly!". They are not shy asking all kinda weird questions, but it was fun so I didn't mind. So for helping we got free dinner there. which is more than enough.


Well. That are my main happenings so far. Have done other things to, but those are not as fun or interesting. Just normal everyday stuff.

I will try my best blogging more, but as you see my days have been quite busy lately. Now I got some time off before meeting a friend later today, so I hurried to write while I could. Now Im really sleepy, so I think I will take a short nap..

So bye!!


4 kommentarer:

  1. Gøy og lese blogg selv om det ikke var noen bilder der nå.kan gjette meg til hvor fint det var nede ved vannet :-)
    Fin at du har masse artig og gjøre og at du har trofaste venner!!

    SvarSlett
  2. Høres ut som du har det bra da. Det liker jeg. Gikk greit uten bilder ja, men du må legge inn bilde av vennen din :-). Morro å lese om hvordan det går

    SvarSlett
  3. It's so nice to hear that you are having a great time!
    I'm so jealous! Can't wait until I can come and visit you!
    Maby next spring?!?
    USE YOUR CAMERA GIRL! I want pictures of everything!
    How many degrees is it over there now?
    When will you be looking for a new appartment?
    I need your adress in case I want to send a letter or a package!

    We have to have a skype date soon! I miss you so mutch beebiiieeen<3

    Glad i deg <3<3

    SvarSlett
  4. It never gets boring reading about what you're doing! I'm so excited for you! It sounds like you're having a good time. Seul Gi sounds so nice!

    -Rikke

    SvarSlett